About Rocket and Fox
Rocket and Fox is a small creative company, specialising in personalised made to order gifts to be sold online. Launched in 2010 you’ll find us in Liss, Hampshire
37 to 40 hours a week on a self employed basis. Start date in 2020.
The successful candidate may be required to
- Operate various pieces of equipment such as laser cutter/engraver, heat press and vinyl cutter to produce products for customers
- Assemble products ready for packing
- Pack products ready for posting
- Use Adobe Illustrator to create/edit files ready for use
- Monitor material status such as product blanks and ribbon stock
- Clean and maintain all machinery on a regular basis
- Participate in stock checks
- To work as a team member and support other team members as and when required
- To maintain a safe working environment, keeping the department clean, tidy and free from hazards
- Manage own work and operate to deadlines
- Upload products
- Write product descriptions with SEO in mind
- Fill the kettle up and sweep the floor
- Preparation of materials such as sanding and painting.
- Provide amazing customer service
Conditions of employment
Time off will not be allowed between 1st November and 24th December.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who is creative, enthusiastic, energetic and a good all rounder who doesn’t mind any task given to them. Someone who enjoys working hard and thrives through job satisfaction as well as being flexible. You need to have a really good eye for detail and be able to produce finished items to a high standard. If you have a great work ethic, are a logical thinker, can multi task, enjoy being creative and an active part of a small team then this role is for you. We require commitment , reliability and punctuality. You must be over 18 years of age and be able to work well as part of a team and be self motivated.
Experience, Education and Qualifications
Experience in a similar position would be advantageous but is not required. Full training will be given for operating all machinery. If you have experience using Adobe Illustrator it would be advantageous but we’ll get you up to speed if not. Excellent written English language and computer literacy skills are a must as you may be uploading new products, writing product descriptions with SEO in mind, answering customer enquiries. The successful applicant needs to be able to pick up new skills quickly and be able to turn their hand to most things whether it is troubleshooting a printer or putting forward ideas for improving an existing process.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter along with your CV to email@example.com, letting us know why you think you would be the perfect applicant. All applications will be reviewed in January 2020. Sadly due to the number of applicants we typically receive we are unable to reply personally if you are not suitable for the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Rate: £8.50 /hour